Cutting Edge Technology
Dr. Pafford and his assistants use the microscope throughout every dental procedure. The microscope provides optimum visibility and illumination to give you the best treatment outcome possible. Microscopes are essential in providing endodontic treatment at the highest level, and they have numerous clinical benefits:
- The microscope allows for the use of smaller instruments and more precision during treatment. Conservation of tooth structure is the key to the best, longest-lasting outcomes.
- The increased magnification of the microscope allows Dr. Pafford to minimize the size of the operative site, thereby minimizing healing time
- The microscope allows Dr. Pafford to identify tooth canals and locate problems such as cracks and root fractures.
- The use of the microscope increases efficiency and often saves you from additional and more complex procedures.
Cone Beam CT Scanner
Dr. Pafford is one of the first endodontists in the state of Georgia to utilize Cone Beam CT technology in his office. Our Kodak 8100 3D scanner allows us to take high-quality three-dimensional images of your condition, thereby providing you with more targeted, more precise, and more effective treatment.
Cone Beam CT scans are only taken when necessary, and the benefits of them are innumerable:
- Three-dimensional Cone Beam CT scans allow Dr. Pafford to better detect, locate, and treat endodontic conditions, such as abscess formation, resorption, and complex anatomy.
- It utilizes 80% less radiation than a traditional x-ray but yields far more useful information.
- Unlike a conventional dental x-ray, a Cone Beam CT scan can distinguish the differences among various tissues, such as bone, teeth, nerves, and soft tissue.
- The Cone Beam CT scan will help Dr. Pafford give you the most accurate diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment recommendations. These scans often yield information that helps you avoid unnecessary treatment.
- A Cone Beam CT scan is a cost-effective way of identifying a wide range of dental issues. The efficiency of a Cone Beam CT scan allows for less expensive and more efficient treatment.
Effectively cleaning the deepest, most complex portions 1,2 of the root canal system requires incredible innovation—and we are proud to offer that technology with the GentleWave® Procedure.
The GentleWave Procedure is a state-of-the-art alternative to standard root canal treatment. The ultracleaning technology of the GentleWave Procedure is an advanced combination of fluid dynamics and a broad range of soundwaves that work together to reach into the microscopic spaces 1,2 and remove bacteria, debris and tissue.2 The GentleWave Procedure is so effective at cleaning and disinfecting the root canal system, there's less chance of failure over time. 3
The GentleWave Procedure uses a minimally invasive 1 protocol to access the infected root canal system, which means it is preserving more of the natural tooth and, in doing so, is helping to keep the tooth’s structure strong. With the GentleWave Procedure we can also typically clean and fill the tooth in just one appointment, 3 which may reduce the number of appointments required.
Achieving an exceptional level of clean requires advanced endodontics—and that’s something we take pride in providing. Contact us today to discover the GentleWave Difference for yourself.
1 Molina B et al. (2015) J Endod. 41:1701-5
2 Vandrangi P et al. (2015) Oral Health 72-86
3 Sigurdsson A et al. (2016) J Endod. 42:1040-48
GENTLEWAVE and the GENTLEWAVE logo are registered trademarks of Sonendo, Inc. and used under license.
Dr. Pafford will take high-resolution digital photographs through the microscope during your consultation and treatment to help explain his findings, document his work, and communicate with your general dentist.
- These photographs allow you to better understand your dental needs and create a dialogue. Dr. Pafford believes that your needs and your understanding of those needs are the foundation of a beneficial doctor-patient relationship.
- The high-resolution photographs are also shared with your general dentist allowing for more accurate communication, increased efficiency, and a better outcome for you.
We have eliminated paper from our office making it completely digital, more efficient, and environmentally friendly. This state-of-the-art computer software allows you to complete registration materials from the covenience of your own home via our secure, fully-encrypted website. It also allows Dr. Pafford to communicate with you and your general dentist in a secure and efficient manner.